It's not very long, about 90 minutes, only free until Easter, so please take advantage, check it out, and pass it on. Here's what their blurb says they cover:
- The real truth behind "DIET", "SUGAR-FREE" and "FAT-FREE" products
- How to overcome food addictions and cravings
- How to navigate your supermarket - what to buy and what to avoid
- Why fad diets don't work
- What food additives to avoid and how to read labels
- The most effective detox and cleansing strategies, and
- How to eat for clear eyes, glowing skin and healthy hair
While we're on the subject, anyone for some K-5 Interactive Farm to School (F2S) Nutrition/Health Lesson Plans?
Anyone interested is welcome to use our K-5 Farm to School nutrition lesson plans, which we cobbled together from nationwide sources, and matched to National Health Education Standards. Contact me for the lesson plan, supplementary materials, or with any questions.
"Tasting a Rainbow of Plants"
Students will be able to:
- Identify the six plant parts we eat and give examples
- Identify the nutritional contributions of plants by color
- Taste fruits and vegetables of various colors
"First Eat Real, Second Read Labels"
- Students will be able to:
- Differentiate whole foods from processed foods
- Classify foods along a spectrum of nutrient-dense to high-sugar/low-nutrient
- Gain awareness of how marketing affects their choices
- “Spot the Block” to use a Nutrition Facts Label to analyze their food/drink choices
- Measure their added sugar intake against the AHA’s recommended 12g daily maximum for children